Saturday 3 October 2009

The morning after

Still alive and smiling in Rio. Last night a big group of us from the hostel hit Lapa for the infamous street party. We set off at 12.30am and landed in a sea of music, markets and moody looking Brazilian men. One American in the group got a held at gunpoint for bumping into someone, another got her money robbed. I was fine though and enjoyed the party and a 6 person pile-up in the taxi on the way back.

Ealier in the day, I headed to the Copacabana with a group of young Aussies for a bit of sunshine and sea. I also ran the length of the beach in bare feet which was a super little experience. In the afternoon I headed up to Christ the Redeemer and he was in good shape but for some scaffholding around his feet. Amazing views from the top. Up there with Blackpool tower and the view of the fylde coast if not a bit better.

I never made it to the football on Thursday night as although I made the metro journey, which was actually very safe, the couple didnt show so I just went back to the hostel and got a bit drunk with the Aussies.

Today theres not much planned, maybe Ipanema and a barbeque here at the hostel tonight.

Tomorrow should be an action-packed one as first up is a favela tour, then Flamengo-Fluminense in the evening the the favela funk party to round things off. I won't be getting up early on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment