Monday 28 September 2009

First day at work

Well this is swell.

I found my hostel after taking the prehistoric tram up the hill, then accidentally went past the hostel, then got guided back down to it by a poet called Rogerio.

Looking at the stars
...The silence
Says
The Silence
Is gold
The silence
Echoes
The silence
Shouts...

On the plane over, I watched Looking for Eric and stabbed a poached egg which I thought was some French cheese. Words cannot describe the sadness and disbelief at seeing the yellow yolk ooze out.
So far Brasil and me are getting along pretty well. Needless to say my new glasses have helped a lot with this. Without them, I´d probably be in a different continent right now. And nobody´s robbed my expensive looking £7 watch. Though I´m not sure how long I´ll be able to keep the poor and needy at bay.
Enough typing already. I think I´ll go grab a beer on the terrace and do some reading and writing. Love to all of you who can´t be here and hope your Tuesaday is as interesting as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment